Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When one door closes...

Those of you who know me know that I like BIG signs from God. (Have I ever posted about the Jumbotron message from God?! Let's just say that is how we knew we were to adopt.) So, anyways, I had an idea in my noggin. I thought it was a really good one. I had discussed it with God many times; but, apparently I talked way too much and listened way too little. He closed the door on my idea in a BIG way yesterday. I would almost say that door was slammed shut. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.

I am not going to give up on my idea though. (Ron says I am stubborn.) I am just thinking maybe the time is not right. I have to trust in God's timing. After all, He knows what the future holds. I do not. He knows He has to remind me quite frequently who is in control. It is most definitely not me; but, I have trouble remembering that at times. I am human.

My quotes for the day are...
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Alexander Graham Bell

and as always...
"Commit your way to the Lord;
trust that God will act."
Psalm 37:5

I am going to try to focus on the here and now and just peek through the peephole of that closed door every now and then. Who knows what just might happen? God does...

1 comment:

  1. I do hope (whatever it was) that door opens back up for you and your beautiful family.

    Thanks for the sweet comment on our blog. ;o)

    Sheri (Mom to many)
    http://journeytoouryoungestson.blogspot.com
    Gifts to China With Love
    http://www.giftstochinawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete