Saturday, September 26, 2009

More dissappointment

This week was a crazy one between Cub Scouts, work, school and the home study. I decided to be a bit more proactive on helping the paperwork process along so called the doctor's office Monday AM to make sure they had faxed the request to the neurosurgeon for my medical history and they had. I turned around and called the neurosurgeon's office to make sure they received it and that everything was in order. They had received it and were going to process the request Tuesday morning. Not exactly what we were hoping for, but we can live with that.

Tuesday mid-morning comes and I call the neurosurgeon's office to see if they had processed the request and the lady there told me that they had just sent it about an hour before I called - good news, right?! I call the doctor's office to verify they received the fax only to be told that they have been picking faxes off of the machine all day and no sign of it. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I call the neurosurgeon's office and confirm they sent it, how many pages and the number they sent it to. I then call the doctor's office and relay the information. The ever-cheery lady at the office snipes at me telling me that she's double-checked and there is no fax. She haughtily asks me for the neurosurgeon's office phone number so she can call them directly - "Because, you know, sometimes it is just easier doctor's office to doctor's office" - this is a direct quote from our lovely friend. I patiently wait on hold and when she comes back on the phone a few minutes later, she tells me that she just found that fax and didn't realize that when I told her that they had sent it about an hour before I called, that I meant they had sent it about an hour before I called. Excellent listening skills in action. See our previous entry on why I don't like the medical profession - this only goes to validate those feelings. The good news is that she has it and will give it to the nurse to complete. I ask that it be done by Friday so we can fax it to our agency, have them review it and make sure all is perfect for China's needs. She sighs, takes notes and comments on what a crazy process this is - lady, you have no idea - this is the simple stuff.

Feeling that we made good progress now I decide to call the doctor's office Weds. AM and ask if they had a chance to review it and if there were any questions. Our angel of congeniality snaps at me that "We are very busy right now and that it'll be done Friday just like you asked us to." Wow, feeling the love from the doctor's office right now. Weds night we drop the kids off with my mom and dad while Julie and I have our last meeting with our social worker in Upper Sandusky. We review more paperwork and seem like we are well on our way.

Thursday we give the doctor's office a break and don't call them. I wonder how they are doing all day while I am in Cleveland meeting with a customer and driving 4 hours back and forth.

Friday morning and I am on the road to Akron so call to see when they'll be able to send us a copy of the report so we can in turn pass it on to our agency. I was told that the lady who needs to do the report is sick and wasn't in the office Thursday and probably won't be in today either. She said that the paperwork is on her desk, but doesn't think she'll get it done until next week. She also said she'd be talking with the doctor later in the morning to see if she was going to come in and would let us know. My blood pressure increases, but there is not much we can do - actually nothing we can do. Later in the day, the doctor's office calls Julie to let her know for sure that she is still sick with strep throat and will not be coming in. She won't be in Monday either because she teaches at a local college that day so maybe Tuesday. There is an off-hand chance that she'll come into the office on Saturday to do paperwork, but we know that isn't going to happen. Un-freaking-real. These people have no sense of urgency but their perspective would be very different if it was their child sitting in a crib in China crying for love and attention and consoling themselves to sleep. Maybe then they would give a hoot - but alas, that is not the case.

This more or less blows the plans we had to get the county certifications done on Tuesday when I have the whole day off. Maybe we can make some progress, but it wasn't what we were hoping for. We keep reminding ourselves that everything happens for a reason and that we need to trust in God that it will all work out - but it is disappointing never the less.

So the wait continues for us and Lil Bubba. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment