Thursday, September 2, 2010

All good things must come to an end...

Well, he did it. Emerson woke up during the night. We are surprised that this was the first time since we have been home that we have heard him wake up. It was so sad. As with any of the children when they wake at night, I wondered if he had had a nightmare. With the older three, I wondered what they had to fear at such a young age. With Emerson, I worry about what nightmares he has lived already and that may actually cause the nightmares as he sleeps. Does he still grieve about being taken from the only "home" he knew, aka the orphanage? Does he miss his caretakers? Are there other things that we just do not even want to know about? I guess we will never know. In time, he will learn that he is safe, is loved, and is right where God intended him to be.

On a side note, we thank God that Emerson usually sleeps so well. Ron and I are not cut out for the nightly wake ups anymore. Feeling it today!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so not a night person! I'm right there with you! Just wait till Emerson gains some English and starts chatting away with stories!

    ReplyDelete