Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

God bless all the Veterans!!!! Today, we had the honor of celebrating Ron's father who is an exceptional man. He was recognized as "Veteran of the Year" for our county. We are so proud of him!!!! The ceremony was fabulous. Our U.S. Representative was there. (I got to shake his hand...pretty cool. He said we have cute kids. He is a good politician. Hee, hee!) The rifle salute brought Veronica to tears and Emerson got a little freaked out but not too bad.

We were very excited that they were having a Black Hawk land. AWESOME! We decided we wanted to be close so we could really see it. My mother-in-law suggested we go to the front row, so to speak. We did. Yep...we were close. The wind that that thing produced...no joke...blew us over!!!! I was grabbing for the children to keep them from blowing away. Two of our coats and Sydney's headband, amongst other stuff, ended up great distances away from us. After realizing we had all survived, we LAUGHED so HARD (except Emerson who is now scarred)!!!! There is a memory that will stick with the kiddos. Wait until you see the picture I took while I was going down. I will have to remember high-heeled boots and Black Hawks do NOT mix. Hee, hee. I love it. What a great story and memory. While sitting there afterwards, I even said I would have to blog about it. :) Max was absolutely thrilled because he got to sit in the pilot's seat!

In all seriousness, I am in awe of those who serve our country. These men and women are so brave. I am tearing up right now thinking about them and their families and all that they sacrifice for us. My heart aches for what they see and go through. My heart aches for those left here to go about life as if it is normal. My heart aches because our daughter just told me about a little boy in her class whose father died in the war and the knowledge that he is only one of many in that situation. God bless them all.

Now, before I ruin the computer from a bunch of wet tears, here are some pictures for you to enjoy. I am only posting a few as many of them have our family members in them and I do not like posting pictures of others without their permission.


It only looks innocent!


Here I am trying to get a good close-up picture. Yep, that was close. We were being blown away in tornado like winds.


It was very sunny today. We had beautiful weather!

Here are Max and Sydney next to the Black Hawk.

Emerson was not thrilled to be that close to the machine that caused him to fly through the air.



Max LOVED being in the pilot's seat with all those controls.

No comments:

Post a Comment