Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bridging Ceremony

June 18 was the day that Sydney bridged from being a Daisy Scout to a Brownie! Thank God the weather held out for us and the rain came just after the party ended. We held the ceremony on our church grounds and it all worked out so well. I am so very proud of all that our troop accomplished in our first year together and I am so excited to be a part of it all with them. It is quite a blessing to be able to do this with our daughter and her friends.



Here is Sydney crossing the bridge and "officially" becoming a Brownie! Congratulations!!!!


Do you get it? (bridging from Daisies to Brownies) By the way, I am proud to say I made the cake. I wish I could claim the yummy brownies too!

We laughed when we later found the cake like this. Apparently, someone REALLY wanted a specific petal or two. The other leaders and I decided that it must have been a future engineer who dug into it. You can imagine how much more we laughed when I put two and two together and realized that it had been Sydney who had been the one who did that to the cake! It had dawned on me that she had recently been up to the table. Sure enough, when I found her, she had the huge piece of cake on her plate along with a huge smile. She cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment