Saturday, July 9, 2011

VBS



The theme for vacation bible school this year was Pandamania. Max and Sydney were in different crews. Sydney requested to be in the same crew as her friend Kailee; so, that was a lot of fun for her. Max was a loner this year and did not request to be in with anyone. He is looking forward to being a helper next year. Wow, he is getting old!

I had the pleasure of helping out with Veronica's preschool group. In hindsight, this might have been a mistake though. I LOVED being with her and her friends; but, she got cranky and mopey with me around. I do not think she would have behaved that way if I were not there.



Emerson had the opportunity to stay in the childcare room. Normally, I am not a fan of leaving our children with people I do not know; but, I thought this was extra important for him to have the opportunity to see that Mommy leaves and then comes back. This was rough for sure. There was only one day that he went in, waved, and said "bye" to me without any tears. He did make a friend though. One of the older boys, Garrett, who was helping out in that room really took to Emerson. Garrett was even asking if Emerson would be in the preschool next year for VBS because he wants to be sure to be where he is. Very cute! Garrett was actually in Webelos with Max this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment