Saturday, August 13, 2011

Off to the restroom...

Really, the title of this would have been "Off to the Races" had I not spent more time here...


than actually watching cars speed around the track. I guess that is what you get when you have one potty training 3 1/2 year old and two girls in the family. Oh, well. Either way, we had a great time. We got to relax. Oh, how I love that word..."relax". :) It was great to hang out with our friends whom we seldom see and watch our children hang out together too. Such fun!
This is rare; so, I had to capture a picture of Ron taking it easy.


I was probably the only person in the whole place who was freezing that morning. I am glad I took my sweatshirt! :)



Max had a great time setting up battle scenes with his army men.


Sydney started out like the above picture and ended up like the one below. Ha, ha!





Emerson had fun playing with trucks in the grass.


The track had lots of fun stuff to do when not watching the cars on track. Max's favorite thing was seeing all the military stuff on display. He really enjoyed climbing in this tank.


Look at this...Max, Emerson, and I ended up on stage. So not my thing!!!! How did we end up there you are wondering?! Our family jumped into a game along with many others. We decided to divide and conquer. We figured we would have a better chance of winning. Ron and the girls got weeded out which left the boys and myself. It got narrowed down to us and some other "lucky" folks who ended up on the stage at this point. We had to play a game of "Simon Says". I am an early childhood teacher by trade. I should have had this one in the bag! Unfortunately, we were the last ones to be eliminated. We almost won...bummer! We did get red sunglasses as consolation prizes. You can see Veronica modeling a pair below.



These remote control trucks were a blast! Although I am sure the guy in charge of removing them from their stuck positions were not as fond of them. :) The oldest three gave it a whirl; but, I ended up taking over Veronica's. They were super hard to control. I kept running mine and Veronica's into the wall and flipping it over. Max had the red one in the picture above. Sydney's is the one behind it. Veronica's was a dog one. It had ears and everything. That was the perfect one for our child that pretends to be a dog any chance she gets. :)


The day ended with several hours of waiting for the traffic to clear. Then, it started to sprinkle. We thought for sure we were going to get slammed with a storm. It looked like it and sounded like it; but, we lucked out for sure. When we finally escaped the infield and headed home, we stopped for ice cream. Well, some of us did. Emerson was out. He was so tired. Poor little man! It was a GREAT day...other than the gazillion trips to the track restroom. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment