Friday, August 12, 2011

Water, Ice Cream and Parks, Oh my!

Wow...summer is quickly...too quickly...coming to an end. The kiddos and I are really not ready for it to end so soon. Every year at the beginning of summer we talk about the things that we want to be sure to do during the summer. On their list, they had visit the splash pad. So, we did AND ate ice cream AND played at a park that we found right by where we got the ice cream.

Both Veronica and Emerson were hesitant on getting wet. In the above picture, "the bigs" were trying to convince Veronica to go through the water tunnel which is on the other side of the splash pad. Instead of walking around all the other spraying things, they took her through the center. Let's just say, she never did make it through the tunnel. She came running back my way before too long. :)
As you can see, Emerson finally did get a tad wet.


I love this picture of Max preparing to run through the water tunnel.


Veronica had mint chocolate chip.


Emerson had cotton candy ice cream. Sydney and I shared a banana split.


Max enjoyed his blue moon ice until he realized his entire mouth turned blue.


This little park was in walking distance of the ice cream shop. So, we sat at a picnic table in the shelter house and then went out to play. The picnic table was actually a children's size and I had to be careful every time someone moved. I thought for sure I was going to tip the thing over. Maybe I should have stopped eating the ice cream. Maybe it was a sign. I ignored it. :)





It was a great day! We will have to look back at these pictures when the ground is covered in snow and the temperature is below zero. Yikes!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like a great summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone had a great time. What a nice way to celebrate the end of summer.

    Sheri in Galveston

    ReplyDelete