Wednesday, February 22, 2012

11 years old already?!

Oh, my goodness! I cannot believe this little fella is 11 years old already. I remember sitting around video taping Max just swinging in his little indoor baby swing and doing all those adorable little things that babies do. Time sure did move a lot slower back then. I actually could just sit there and savor every little movement our first born made.


It is so much fun watching him develop into the wonderful young man that he is becoming. We are so very proud of him!!!!

So, after much thought, Max decided on a military birthday party theme. He could not decide between that and Angry Birds. I have to say this was probably the easiest birthday cake I have ever made. :) We still had the other half of Sydney's chocolate chip birthday cake in the freezer. Max was more than willing to use it for his. As for the frosting, we made a basic buttercream and colored it. Max and I had fun decorating it at the same time which I think helped give it that camo look.

Max made his own decorations to hang. He printed out military pictures, made them double sided and we hung them down from the light.

He even decorated the table with some of his military toys. (Gotta love the inexpensive decorations!)


Three (Gabe, Alex, and Truman) out of his guests were able to spend the night. Unfortunately, Justin had to leave at 10 that night. They gave such great gifts. Gabe gave him a Nerf gun that he had been wanting. Alex gave him a model military helicopter to put together. Truman gave him a $25 gift card to GameStop. Justin gave him a $20 gift card to a local movie theater. The homemade cards were wonderful and thoughtful too!!!! There were a lot of Nerf wars, video game playing, and lots and lots of noise. We definitely think they were louder than the girls at Sydney's party. All of the boys had been sick over the past week or so. We had said up front that they needed to try to go to bed at a "decent" time, 12 or 12:30. They were so good about coming up at midnight on their own to get their sleeping bags, etc. They went down and started to watch TRON and that was that. I did wake up to them at 6:30. (We found out later that all four of them woke up at 6 and someway, somehow Gabe fell back to sleep. I am not sure how he did that with the others being loud around him.) I was surprised they were up so early. I quickly got ready for the day and headed downstairs to get this spread together....



The boys REALLY seemed to like the homemade, top your own doughnuts. The fruit was not very popular with them; but, I am proud to say that our four did chow down on it too. :)


Well, that is the last of our birthday parties until the end of the year. Phew...we made it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know what you mean. Time FLIES. Just yesterday (and I mean yesterday) Faith was 6 months old. Now she's five years old!

    Looks like a very fun and creative birthday party! I'm going to try those donuts.

    Happy 11th Birthday Max!

    Sheri in Galveston

    ReplyDelete