Saturday, February 11, 2012

Yippee for China!

If you have read more than one of our blog entries, you have realized by now that it is mostly a journal about the day to day activities of our family. Some blogs out there are much, much, much, much "deeper" than this one. Kudos to them for trying to make a difference in the world! Again, we are pretty simple around here. I just want our children to have somewhere to look back and see what our family did. However, I do want to pass along this article. I think it shows a step forward for sure. Orphans already have a stigma. Life is very difficult for those who are never found by their "forever families". Look at these numbers pulled from the article..."About 100,000 children with unidentified parents live in about 900 orphanages and children's homes nationwide, according to ministry statistics." Honestly, this makes me ill. Do you think our house is big enough for 100,000 more children? Those of you who know me, know I would if I could! So, anyways, life is tough for these children; but, then imagine being given a name that identifies you as an orphan. What happens as you get older and leave that orphanage? This is what happened to those poor children. China is trying to ban this! Yippee!!!! Check out the article. Baby steps...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2012-02/09/content_14564739.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment