Thursday, February 18, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes...

These stories are probably those type that you have to be there to really get a kick out of them; but, I just had to share them anyways as they made me laugh. Hopefully, you will get a little chuckle out of them too.

The girls and I were on our way to pick up Max from school. They started playing with some of the little figures that they had around them in the car. Sydney started talking about how the little figures could get married, typical Sydney. So, my mind drifts off and I start thinking about how blessed I am to be married to Ron. He is a wonderful husband, great daddy, hard worker, etc. I am thinking about how, God-willing, we will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary in April. Here I am thinking all those wonderful thoughts when I hear from the back "Let's pretend she gets unmarried and then marries him." What...unmarried? What happened to "Happily Ever After" and "Dreams do come true." and all that other stuff that our little princess used to believe? Of course, I spoke up. I certainly do not want our children thinking that is something that they will ever need to think about. I do not want our children to get "unmarried" or worry about us getting "unmarried". When I questioned Sydney about it, she said " You know...divor (imagine stumbling over sounds here)" Luckily, at least, she did not know how to pronounce the word divorce. It certainly is not a word we use frequently around our house!!!! I have to admit that I am saddened that she even is aware that people get unmarried; but, I guess that is a part of our life these days. The only times that I can recall talking about it is when referring to people we know who have been through the "d" word or in this case the "un m" word. :) So, anyways, my speech continued about how God does not want people to get unmarried and that we are suppose to stay with the one we marry forever. Sydney, bless her heart, came back with "But, Mom, it is just a chipmunk and a doll." Oh, out of the mouths of babes...



My next funny, at least to me, story comes from our youngest daughter, Veronica. After picking up Max, the kids all started talking about what they want to buy at Toys-R-Us. They have all been saving up their money and gift cards. Max is talking about more Transformers. Sydney wants some little doll set where you can change bodies around, not just the clothes, to give them different looks. To me that is just creepy and that is probably the exact reason that she wants it so badly now....it creeps Mom out. Veronica was giving the whole shopping some thought. She finally said "Me buy hanitizer to put in me red bug for me kids." (or something along those lines) Translation: "I will buy hand sanitizer to put in my red Volkswagen bug for my kids." I am hoping that she will find something at the store that she will be able to use now versus 25 years from now. :) Again, out of the mouths of babes... Now, I am off to use some "hanitizer"...

No comments:

Post a Comment