Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bittersweet moment and Leprechaun Mischief

Have you ever made one of those little choices in life where you know you are going to pay for it later? Of course you have! We all have. Yesterday, our dear sweet little Veronica fell asleep on my lap. She was so adorable just snoozing away. It was so bittersweet though because I knew the longer I held her the more I would pay later. She is no longer able to take even short naps without it causing her to stay awake at night which in turn leads to a rough following day. So, yesterday, when she was looking all cute and just totally wiped out, I convinced myself 15 minutes would be all I would let your sleep. What is a few minutes more after that, right? When I finally decided I had to wake her up, I lifted her up and she remained asleep against my chest. Ugg! How could I wake such a precious little being from the sleep she obviously needed. Even me taking pictures of her with my cell phone did not wake her! Alrighty, she ended up staying awake until about 10 last night which is not good when I have to wake the kids up at 6 to get ready for school. I let her sleep in a little later today, but not by much. To top it off she ended up sleeping on our bedroom floor. There is quality sleep. Not! Oh, and yes, I am paying for it all today. Foul mood? Oh, yes. Was it worth it? Oh, yes. Would I do it again? Definitely. Nothing compares to having those quiet cuddly moments with your child.

As far as the "Leprechaun Mischief" part of the title, did anyone else get a visit from a leprechaun this fine St. Patty's Day? Imagine the kiddos surprised looks when they came downstairs to find their clothes hanging all over the place. They thought it was hilarious that their underwear were hanging up high. Pants were hanging from the entertainment center. Tights were hanging from the kitchen cabinet. Max's socks were missing. Of course, he figured he could just go ahead and wear the pair he had worn yesterday and through the night...such a boy! I nixed that idea. Luckily, the leprechaun had simply hidden them in his pants and he found them upon getting dressed. Sneaky little guys...so mischievous. :P

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! And yes, always keep them asleep awhile to enjoy when they are sleeping on you. It ends all to soon!

    ReplyDelete