Friday, March 12, 2010

Ni Hao everyone

It has been a while since I've updated the blog so figured I'd pop in and write something. Another crazy week is coming to a close, only to be followed by a fun and crazy weekend ahead. The kids have their final basketball games tomorrow and then we have the season ending awards ceremony - all conveniently spread across the day 9AM, 1PM and 4PM. LOL! The kids really seemed to enjoy basketball and the people at Upwards do a great job. Even with some of a refs being a bit zealous they had fun and that is what is important.
Sunday Julie has PSR, time to dash home pick the rest of us up and go back for mass since we'll miss it on our usual Saturday night. After mass we'll head over to my mom's house for a birthday lunch with the family, so that will be fun. We'll come home in time to start getting ready for the work week ahead. Oh yeah - don't forget to set the clocks forward! The F1 racing season starts this weekend so that is cool, too!
I completed (finally) my contributions to a technology book I have been working on for the last year or so. I know I told Julie the last time I did this that it'd never happen again, but the offer was too good to resist. I can't thank her or the kids enough for their patience and understanding while I worked nights and weekends (as well as days!) to wrap this up. What an endeavor, but we're done - until the 2nd edition! Hehehehehehe
I fly out Monday to take an all day exam on Tuesday. This will be my 2nd attempt so hopefully I fare better than the last time. The only comfort is that there are less than 30 people world-wide who have passed it and a few hundred who have tried, including many of the smartest people I know or have worked with. Be nice to get that behind me, too.
Finally, Chinese is HARD! I have been taking time during the day to hit the Rosetta Stone and try to get conversational Chinese, but man, it is TOUGH. So many sounds we don't use in English that can be real tongue twisters. At least it feels like I'm doing something to keep preparing for Lil Bubba. Anyways, time to go get caught up on "24". Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment