Thursday, March 25, 2010

Uh.....OK

Wow, I lost 30 minutes of my life today working the USCIS phone tree menu to speak to someone about an apparent mix-up in our paperwork. We have a completed I-800A and needed to submit an updated home study to reflect a change in Lil Bubba's age. We did that at the beginning of March and received a notice from USCIS that we needed to re-appear for biometric processing. Really? We already have an approved I-800A. So I called and spoke with a less than helpful customer service rep who apparently wasn't familiar with an I-800A and talked to me like a child while she tried to find someone who could help. This took over 20 minutes between trying to get to her, then explaining the situation and discussing the paperwork I had in front of me. Once she transferred me to the "escalation" team, the man I spoke with was pretty smarmy with me and said that there was nothing he could do over the phone and that I'd have to mail in the new appointment notices with a letter explaining what happened. Uh....ok - apparently talking with someone over the phone and/or faxing doesn't work so we're back to mailing papers and waiting for a letter in the mail. So here I sit preparing another FedEx to Texas hoping we have everything we need in there.

Good times for sure. Glad our taxes pay their wages so they can treat us like children and not help at all. *sigh*

Never a dull moment, is it? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment