Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mommy vs. Teacher

I always feel like there are two sides fighting in me at the start of the school year. The mommy in me cannot stand to send the kiddos back to school. I miss them tremendously. The teacher in me is so excited for them and all the adventures they are about to embark on at school. I LOVE watching them grow and learn throughout the year.

Today was the first day back for Max and Sydney. They both seemed to have a good day. Sydney is full day now. I think that is the hardest part for me. Up until last year, I got to pick her up half way through the school day. Plus, she is sitting at a desk, her very own desk, rather than a table. She must be getting older. :( I did not like leaving Max because he takes too much after me with the first day jitters. He is not in the same class as his best friend this year which just makes things that much more difficult for him. I knew he would be fine, but still!

Veronica and Emerson got along great while the other two were at school. They were really cute together. I think this is the first time that it has been just the two of them. It was neat to watch them interact.

I will post pictures later.

1 comment: