Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Time for an update...

All is well here. Everyone is starting to get back into the groove of things at home. Emerson is adjusting well to his new home and family. He has his moments where he gets frustrated and upset but who can blame him. After all, EVERYTHING is new to him.

We went to the store yesterday to try to find him a pair of tennis shoes. That was quite the experience! We are wondering if he has every had socks on before. He was not a happy camper when I put some on him. Then, he kept wanting to run around the store which is not like him. He cried on the way out because I did not purchase the two pairs of shoes that I had tried on him. We did buy him a pair at a different store though. Today is a whole different story. He brought me socks and his new shoes to put on him. He has been wearing them around the house all morning.

His facial expressions and actions just crack us up. He is such a little sweetie and is so much fun. He waves ALL the time, knows how to high five, do "cheers", rub his belly and say "mmm" (more or less), throw kisses, gives Ma-Ma kisses, lights up when Ba-Ba comes home from work, loves to "talk" to people on the phone, loves puzzles, and loves to look at himself whether in pictures or in a mirror. He loves to bring Ma-Ma stuff and have me hold it all. I say he is a hoarder; but, he wants me to hold it all for him. :) Right now he is sitting on the floor, socks and shoes on, "reading" the church bulletin.

Our other darlings are doing great as well. School starts next week...ugg! I am not happy about this. I always miss the children while they are gone. Max is dreading the start of 4th grade. Sydney is looking forward to first grade and Veronica is VERY excited about preschool. The girls will be starting up gymnastics again soon too. I have agreed, along with two other moms, to start a Daisy Scout troop for the first grade girls. Sydney really wanted to do this since Max and Daddy are involved with Scouts. So, since nobody else wanted to lead, guess who volunteered? You got it. I, in turn, recruited (okay...begged...ha, ha!) the two other mothers to join me in this adventure. They are both wonderful women and mothers. I am really looking forward to working with them!

Ron was full force back into work immediately after we got home and has not stopped. Even a car in the shop, did not stop him. Of course, that only meant, he was "forced" to drive Donatella. My sister even told me to tell him that it is his car and that he does not need to look for excuses to drive her. :) Unfortunately (or fortunately...not sure which), the mechanics did not find anything wrong with our Durengo.

I have just really been enjoying being a mom and wife. There is nothing better in this world! I am so blessed and try not to take that for granted. I am amazed that I am a mom to four beautiful (inside and out), wonderful children (and two furry children as well) and the wife of an extraordinary husband. Thanks be to God for these many blessings.

To think I originally titled this post "quick update"...

1 comment:

  1. So glad to know that everything is going so well!! Emerson sounds like a wonderful little boy! You ARE truly blessed, Julie:):)

    ReplyDelete