Thursday, February 24, 2011

and the day has just begun

It is going to be another one of those days. Yesterday, Max and Sydney ended up staying home due to being sick. Well, they will be staying home yet again today. The kiddos all sound like they are coughing up their lungs. Max slept on our floor again. Sydney ended up in with us as well around 3 this morning although she never did fall back to sleep. (We ended up coming downstairs around 4) She was complaining of an upset belly. I am a terrible mom; but, I needed proof with this one. You see, she complains of feeling like she is going to throw up quite frequently. I got my proof...all over the bathroom rug, toilet, and on the bottom of my foot. Ugg! When I went to get her a cup from the cabinet to give her some water, I had a baby bottle from the very top shelf fall down and attack me out of the blue.

Emerson woke up sometime during the night too. I went in and held him for awhile. I had a terrible time trying to get him to stop fussing. I was afraid he was going to wake the rest of the house. He is definitely a child who knows what he wants. I asked him if he was ready to go back to night-night and he started to fuss again. Guess he was not quite ready. We rocked a little while longer and I asked him again and he had no trouble going back to bed. Ron is bringing him downstairs right now (5 in the morning) because he just woke up again and sounds miserable.

I did not hear a peep out of Veronica all night. Maybe she is getting some good sleep. She would be the only one in the house! Before I could even publish this post, she was down here too. She came down right after Emerson. She was upset that she was left alone in her room.

Max joined us about 6:45. I have called the school to let them know Max and Sydney will not be there today. I called the preschool to let them know Veronica will not be at school. I emailed Emerson's music teacher to let her know he will not be in class. I still need to let Sydney's cheerleading coach know she will not be there and cancel Emerson's ENT follow-up appointment yet again. (We had to reschedule once due to the nasty weather.)

As rough as it is, I am glad they are all dealing with this virus at once. This would be terrible if they were doing it one at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment