Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I need a better answer!

I am starting to get a tad frustrated and I need your ideas! I have had so many people while we are out about comment on how cute Emerson is. I agree! He is absolutely adorable. You know what...so are our other three children! I know those commenting are not intentionally trying to hurt anyone's feelings; but, I am sure our other three must feel like bumps on a log when people start mentioning how cute Emerson is and ignoring them. I would rather they not say anything about any of them than make one of them feel more special than his/her siblings. Have you run into this? What do you say?

3 comments:

  1. I'm familiar with this. And gosh, I hope none of comments eluded that one child was more important or cute or whatever than the others. BUT I totally know what you mean. But think about it this way too, if you had a newborn, people would be oohing and ahhing over the new baby. I think to some degree, it is just part of adding someone new to your family. Whenever someone is paying too much attention to our newest, I try to include the others in the conversation by telling what they've been up to at school/sports or saying how helpful they are to me! Hope it helps. ALL of your children are just the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frequently try to just post about one child at a time to give them a moment in the spotlight. My younger children get more time than the older ones simply because they do or say cute things more often. They give me more to write about. I tried to help you out with the comments. I also put you on the side of my blog. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, I am visiting your blog by way of Tricia's!

    I have had trouble with people's comments with my daughter's mostly...my older daughter is blonde, blue eyed and my younger one is Chinese American. I always try to make light of it OR make a comment about how unique they BOTH are. MOST people take the hint. Some...sadly...do not.

    ReplyDelete