Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Father's Day and the 4th of July

Happy Father's Day and Happy 4th of July! Ok, so I am late. :) We decided we wanted to get Ron a new tent for Father's Day since 5 of us barely fit in our old one last summer. I started doing research on the internet and the littles and I even went shopping for one. I just could not bring myself to buy one. You see, Ron is an Eagle Scout, the highest level in Boy Scouts! Hmm, he is a tad more qualified than I am to pick out a tent. The kiddos worked together to make him a paper tent with all of us in it to show him his gift. Then, he had the pleasure of picking out the one he wanted. My only request was that it should be one that could be set up without the usage of words that would require all the children to stay indoors. :)


Here is the tent that they kids made. Sydney even made a moon on the side.


It is really too dark to see it in this picture and of course, I did not think to get one before Ron took it down. It is a two room beauty. :)



Sydney loves to collect lightening bugs.


Go, Emerson, go!


Here is Veronica trying to get some bugs too. Gotta love her wild hair! Max and Sydney are in the background; but, they hard to see.


Emerson enjoyed his first 4th of July fireworks. Check out his shoes. Yep, they are on the wrong feet. :)


I LOVE this picture of Max watching our fireworks! Max got to go with Ron this year to pick them out at the store.


Here is a family tradition...homemade ice cream sold by a local church at the holiday flea market in town. Yummy!!!! I love that family of mine!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment