Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sydney- our wonderful big girl

Sydney had her first big, big girl gymnastics class today. She is moving up and loving it that she gets to practice more and more difficult things. Her class is getting longer and longer. She went from 40 minute classes when she was little and is now up to an hour and 10 minutes. Will I be one of those moms who spends the entire day at the gym while their little athlete trains? Only time will tell. :) We are very proud of her and I am thrilled that she has fun doing it. We will stop when she stops having fun!

She is, also, growing in her ability to read. When I taught kindergarten, one of my very favorite things to see was the children's growth in the areas of writing and reading. To see them go from scribbles and making up their own words to actually writing and reading words was amazing to say the least. Now, being able to watch my own children do this is a thrill. Sydney has taken off this year. We can now take turns reading pages just as we do with Max. I am not saying she is ready for her first novel or that she can do it without help; but, she is really trying and doing pretty darn good. I know she will flourish this summer.

We love you Sydney and look forward to watching you grow even more. You are a beautiful young lady...inside and out. You truly are a princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment