Friday, April 30, 2010

Field Trips Galore

Last week I had the pleasure of going to a local science museum with Max and his class. I was responsible for 5 boys. That was hilarious as they all wanted to run in different directions it seemed. Ugg! We had a great time nonetheless. (I can say that now that I have survived. Hee, hee!) I am probably seen as a mean person though because they (mostly one child) wanted to go on a spinning ride right after lunch. Not happening on my watch. Sorry; but, I am not having one of them puke. I can guarantee it would have happened too because they practically inhaled their lunches. I think we were the first group out of the lunch room. I waved bye to the other moms as we raced past onto our next adventure. Thank you to my hubby for working from home that day and keeping an eye on the girls so that I could go. I really do enjoy being able to do these things with the kiddos.


Oh, oh...I forgot to mention the bus ride back to the school. First, the driver could not find a way to get back on the freeway because of some of the ramps being closed. We seemed to be stuck in the area forever! Plus, I was kind of thinking it would be relatively quiet from all the excitement of the day. Not so much! My friend, her daughter, and another girl were sitting in the seat in front of Max, his friend, and myself. My friend and I were sitting on the edge of the seats with fear that we would eventually be pushed out. The two girls and the two boys were playing around so much, torturing one another. We were getting the biggest kick out of them. I asked my friend if she could get her daughter under control and she asked me to tell Max to stop flirting. :)



Today I had the opportunity to go with Sydney to a local greenhouse and small museum with her class. Thank you to Sydney's teacher for allowing Veronica to go along with us. It went really well. We saw some interesting things that I do not recall ever seeing before such as a two headed cow. (I might have just blocked that one out of my memory.) I loved this plant called a sensitive plant. It curls up when you touch it. How cool! The children smelled cinnamon, some plant related to pepper, and saw a vanilla tree, amongst many other things. Sydney's favorite area was the desert plants. My grandma would be thrilled as she and I used to have a lot of cactus plants when I was growing up.

Below are some pictures of our recent field trips.


















I love this picture for some reason. It just cracks me up that the dinosaur and Max are both looking the same direction. It is was unplanned and just cute.
















Max had a ton of fun playing with the others around him on the bus.

















Sydney is looking all cute at the greenhouse.




















Sydney did NOT like the smell of the plant related to pepper. Love this face!


















I was able to get a picture of Veronica smiling all cute before she turned cranky. She woke up this morning at 5:20! When I got out of the shower, I heard voices. Unfortunately, I had accidentally hit my snooze button instead of turning the alarm off. I am guessing that is what woke her up. She could not get back to sleep. :(

















Veronica liked the two headed cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment