Monday, May 10, 2010

My Sister

I have so much that I want to write about; but, today I am going to write about my sister, Janet. I want to write about the wonderful person that she is. She is my baby sister...seven years younger than I am. I have always adored her and now I am proud of the beautiful adult she has become and all that she has accomplished.

Yesterday, she graduated with a double major in Business Administration and Business Forensics. She kept the fact that she was graduating with honors a surprise for us. We were so proud to see her have that honor cord around her. We knew there was one class that was either going to make or break this honor for her. SHE DID IT and we couldn't be more proud of her.

Although she is my younger sister, I certainly look up to her. She has had a lot of ups and downs in life; but, she is a fighter. She joined the Air National Guard after 9-11 because she wanted to make this world a safer place for her nephew- Max was only about 6 1/2 months on that horrible day. More recently, she has been working full time and then some, bought a condo on her own, a brand new car, etc. all on top of going to college too.

Janet- Congratulations!!!! You are an amazing woman!!!!

(P.S. Does this make up for the time when I dressed you up like Boy George when we were younger? or the time that I got the curling iron stuck in your hair and we had to cut it out? or the times I locked you in the closet and the wooden box? Hee, hee! Love you!)

1 comment:

  1. I have a wonderful big sis:) Thanks for having everybody over and taking care of everything while the rest of us were away.

    I still have people that want to see pictures of the Boy George incident. I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that we did not have digital cameras back then - we did enough damage without lol. Well there is one more thing that will help make up for the box though - there is a certain picture I want a copy of ......... :)

    ReplyDelete