Wednesday, January 19, 2011

And....the rest of the story

I couldn't resist telling the rest of the story from a year ago. It was just another day of waiting and hoping we'd get a referral. I was home with the kids in the evening while Julie went out to "Ladies Light" church study group. It was cold and crummy which is typical for January in Ohio. I was downstairs playing on the Wii when the phone rang. Since we were waiting, I jumped up and my heart pounded when I saw that it was from area code 703, where our agency was located!

Melissa let us know she had a referral and asked if we would be in a position to look at it and make a decision in the next few hours. I of course said yes knowing Julie was out and about, but not too far away. I checked my email and saw the email, but didn't open it so I could share the moment with Julie. I called her and let her know that we had our referral and needed to review it right away. She said she'd leave immediately. I waited and waited but she didn't show up. She called and was upset when she told me that she had gotten stuck in the mud at the house where the meeting was! They had tried to get the van out but got is stuck even further as the ground was a quagmire.

One of the other ladies offered to drive her to our house while AAA came to tow the van out. While she was on her way, Melissa called again and wanted to know if we wanted her to "lock" his record but we hadn't even reviewed it. She expressed the urgency and I opened it while waiting for Julie. As soon as I opened it, I knew he was ours. Julie showed up and we reviewed his file, cried a bit and let Melissa know to lock him in. The rest as they say, is history. :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it something that the guys always get "the call"! I was out shopping (which actually is a rarity) when we got the call to book tickets to Kazakhstan! Hubby had to call me on my cell. Hmph! And I did ALL the paperwork chase! LOL

    ReplyDelete