Monday, January 31, 2011

January- the month to party

We have a lot of birthdays all VERY close together.

Sydney- December 24
Ron- January 11

Veronica- January 14

Emerson- January 21

Max- February 22


So, we decided that to make things easier on everyone and everyone's already busy, busy calendars, we would have just one family party to celebrate all of our wonderful winter babies. We tried to incorporate everyone's birthday themes. We had Tangled (Sydney) and Star Wars: the Clone Wars (Max) paper plates. We had Toy Story (both Veronica and Emerson) napkins. We decorated with checkered flags in honor of Ron's birthday.

I tried new recipes to make both yellow and chocolate cupcakes that were both nut and gluten free (family allergies). Plus, I made homemade chocolate buttercream icing as well as a homemade caramel to top the cupcakes. I was thrilled to find gluten and nut free sprinkles to decorate them. I do not think I will be able to go back to the can frostings as these were so good and so easy. I am looking forward to trying other recipes in this new cookbook, The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten Free. I was very excited to find it and could not wait to try some of the very yummy sounding recipes. I might have to try one of the icings for Max's upcoming friend party. Plus, Sydney needs to take snack in for cheerleading; so, I am already thinking of the vanilla buttercream on top of the cupcakes that she wants. :)

I have to say it looked a bit like Christmas around here during the party. I guess you will have that when you are celebrating five birthdays all at the same time. Thank you to all of our loved ones who spoiled our babies and their daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment